Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Throwback on Thursday

What does an artist post on her blog when she hasn't had time for making art? Old Art!

Well, its not that old, I believe I did this one at some point in 2014, it might have 2013 though....  hmmm...

I haven't decided on a title for this abstract piece yet, in fact, I had forgotten all about it until I started looking through my mixed media sketch book. This was done with sharpies.  You probably recognize the similar style between this one and Inlets to Illusion, all of the pieces done in this style are intuitive, in that there isn't a set plan other than to do something different in each little section of the painting, just whatever feels right. The smaller ones, like this, that I can hold in my lap and work on, are quite relaxing, almost meditative to work on.  Inlets to Illusion wasn't as relaxing because it was too big to carry with me and work on when I had a minute, instead, I had to set aside time, pull out my easel, and dedicate myself to working on it. But this smaller piece just came with me to various places and I worked on it while I talked to people, while I waited at the doctors office, or whenever.  This picture of it is lower resolution than what I use for prints, I just used my scanner for this, I'll get better images and upload it to Fine Art America soon.   If anyone has a title idea, let me know!







Thank you for reading! If you liked what you see, please consider following this blog with Google Friend connect, or follow me on Google+, or if you prefer, you can follow by email and get notified each time the blog is updated. See the right hand column to follow in any of these ways! I welcome your suggestions on how to make this blog more interesting to you!


Fine Art America is the place to go for Prints of all my Paintings.
 
My etsy shop is the place to go to buy my originals and request commissioned work. A few select prints are available here as well!


4 comments:

  1. I really like the first picture! Well psych!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this! I love the colors in this painting. I have enjoyed reading several of your posts about art and the creative process.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Your Reflections about my Reflections! And Thank You!