Thursday, May 2, 2013

Every Day in May Challenge, plus more!

Okay, I have decided to take part in a challenge called "Every Day in May". The idea is to draw, sketch, paint something every day.  However, you can't just do ANYTHING.  There is a list of topics.

I started one day late, so I combined the topics for days 1 and 2.
May 1 was "Something Bubbly", and May 2 was "My favorite Sound".

When I decided to start today, I figured the something bubbly would be easy.  Lots of bubbly things... soap, soda pop, champagne, etc.  However on the "favorite sound" I was stumped.  So many beautiful sounds, babbling brooks, the ocean, the laughter of children, music, singing birds, the wind in the trees... how could I pick one?!

Well, I still don't know that I really have a favorite, but I picked one of my favorites.  I decided that I liked the sound of the ocean and that I would draw a wave or a beach scene.  Problem was, by the time I decided what to draw it was LATE, I should have been in bed.

Then, I got my art bag and discovered my colored pencils missing.  That was what I planned to use to draw the scene. I DID have some colored sharpies, micron pens, and a few paint markers.  "Sigh" they were not going to give me the effect my watercolor pencils would have given.

Oh well, I couldn't find the colored pencils, and I HAD to draw something now.  So I did the best I could with sharpie, micron, and paint markers.

Here is the result, my combo image for May 1st and May 2nd, froth on the wave is bubbly, that will do:

And also, I had promised in my last post to upload a better photo of my latest painting.  So here it is:


Sell Art Online


Thank you for reading! I welcome your suggestions on how to make this blog more interesting to you!
Photography Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Reflections about my Reflections! And Thank You!