Monday, April 1, 2013

Looking for a Gallery

I am really wanting to find a local gallery to represent my art, but so far have not had much luck.  I actually had one gallery owner look over my pieces, and actually say that he would put them in his gallery if I produced more animal art, which he said was one of the strongest selling.  So I went home and produced four of my best animal paintings, he looked at them and apologized, saying that he had filled the spot in the meantime while I was making those, and to check back in a few months. At first I was very irritated that I spent so much time preparing paintings specifically for him (see the paintings below) and he didn't end up putting them in his gallery  but then I realized that I thoroughly enjoyed doing them, and had learned that I had a knack for painting animals, which I didn't realize I had before that, so I really wasn't too upset.

Now though, the issue remains that I still don't have gallery representation.  I can keep trying to sell online, but honestly, a gallery is an artist's best bet for getting sales.  So, after the artwalk on April 13, I am going to start really pursuing that gallery representation.

Art Prints Photography Prints Art Prints Art Prints
Thank you for reading! I welcome your suggestions on how to make this blog more interesting to you! Photography Prints

3 comments:

  1. These look fabulous! I can imagine being irritated but at last you got something out of it. :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I'll find a gallery soon, but even if I don't, I'll still keep doing art.

      Delete
  2. These are amazing, Vicki! I do hope you find a gallery soon! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Your Reflections about my Reflections! And Thank You!