Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hmmm... Still Learning!

Since I've begun painting, I've always felt that landscapes were my weakness.  I've just never been very satisfied with them.  I was okay with it if I did an obviously abstracted landscape... one that was clearly not meant to look exactly real... but when it came to traditional landscapes... I just wasn't happy with my results.

Well, I think I may finally be breaking through that barrier.  I've been working on a landscape and I think I am quite happy with the results so far, so I thought I'd share the work-in-progress.  I think the real difference in this one is that I went through my photography and found reference photos to use, when before I just tried to "make up" a landscape in my mind.  I didn't try to copy any of my photos exactly, but I did use them to plan the general shape of the shoreline, hills beyond the water, and the color of sky and water.

Just goes to show you, I still have lots learn and never want to stop learning!

Here is what I have so far:





Thank you for reading! I welcome your suggestions on how to make this blog more interesting to you! Photography Prints

2 comments:

  1. Vicki, you have cracked it....you ARE a landscape artist. This is wonderful....can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki: I'm connecting to you through the Art Blog Hop. I love that you are showing your process & the peacock is my favorite. Best wishes, KCW
    http://www.kennedycreativeworks.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Your Reflections about my Reflections! And Thank You!